Security Policy Outline WordPress deploy and release management
This security policy outlines the guidelines and procedures for the release and management of WordPress deployment. It is your responsibility to ensure the security of the WordPress site throughout its lifecycle. This policy is designed to provide a framework for managing the deployment of WordPress sites, from development to production.
- Deployment Process All deployment of WordPress sites must be managed through an automated process that is auditable and repeatable. The deployment process must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The deployment process must be version controlled and documented in a repository.
- The deployment process must be automated, and all manual intervention should be minimized.
- The deployment process must include code reviews and testing to ensure the security of the code.
- All configuration and environment variables must be kept secure and managed through a secure mechanism.
- Infrastructure Security The infrastructure used to host the WordPress site must be secure and managed according to best practices. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- The infrastructure must be secured with appropriate access controls and firewalls.
- The infrastructure must be regularly scanned for vulnerabilities, and any identified vulnerabilities must be remediated.
- All software and applications used in the infrastructure must be kept up to date with security patches.
- Access to infrastructure must be limited to authorized personnel only.
- User Access Control User access to the WordPress site must be strictly controlled to prevent unauthorized access. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- All user accounts must be managed centrally and only created when required.
- Access to the WordPress site must be granted on a need-to-know basis.
- All user passwords must be strong and complex and changed regularly.
- Access to the WordPress site must be monitored, and any unauthorized access attempts must be investigated.
- Data Security All data processed by the WordPress site must be managed securely. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- All data must be encrypted in transit and at rest.
- All sensitive data must be managed according to relevant data protection legislation.
- All backups of data must be encrypted and stored securely.
- All data must be retained for the minimum amount of time necessary.
- Incident Response In the event of a security incident, an incident response plan must be in place to manage the incident. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- All security incidents must be reported immediately to the appropriate personnel.
- The incident response plan must be followed, and appropriate actions taken to contain and remediate the incident.
- All incidents must be fully documented and reported to management.
This security policy is designed to provide a framework for managing the deployment of WordPress sites securely. It is your responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the deployment process adhere to this policy. This policy must be reviewed regularly to ensure that it remains up to date and relevant to the changing threat landscape.